On March 18, I did a Virtual Book Tour with Frank Viola and George Barna on their very provocative new book, “Pagan Chrisitanity? Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices.”
Needless to say, we could discuss only a fraction of those questions in the 70-minute format.
So I did another interview, this time with Frank, for my book review podcast, Books ‘n’ Such. Some of the questions we discussed:
- What do you mean by “pagan”?
- Where do all the different denominations come from, and is having all these different groups a pagan practice?
- Just about every Christian church has a dominant pastor or priest or leader of some kind. Is this not what the Bible teaches?
- What is your intention in publishing this book, and what impact on local churches do you hope it will make?
- Why does it matter where our church practices come from? Can’t God work through culture and the way things have evolved, even if they are rooted more in pagan-or cultural-practices?
I invite you to tune in to hear Frank’s answers, if you have any interest in this topic.