On my Books ‘n’ Such Internet Radio Show recently, I interviewed author Dennis Marcellino on the big question of Life: “Why are we here?”
A recent survey on CNN Headline News found that the #1 interest of 43% of Americans is, “What is the meaning of life?” On this edition of Books ‘n’ Such, I interviewed author, speaker, and musician Dennis Marcellino on a book that guides readers to answer for themselves this most important question.
I hope you’ll tune in to hear this discussion of Why Are We Here? The Scientific Answer to This Age-Old Question (That You Don’t Need to Be a Scientist to Understand). You just may end up with your own answers to questions that have plagued you for years.
And if you know anyone who is wrestling with these questions, invite them to tune in also!
On March 18, I did a Virtual Book Tour with Frank Viola and George Barna on their very provocative new book, “Pagan Chrisitanity? Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices.”
In less than 10 days, we received more than 650 questions from people who signed up for the Virtual Book Tour. (You can still ask a question, and then get to listen to the replay of that interview.)
Needless to say, we could discuss only a fraction of those questions in the 70-minute format.
So I did another interview, this time with Frank, for my book review podcast, Books ‘n’ Such. Some of the questions we discussed:
- What do you mean by “pagan”?
- Where do all the different denominations come from, and is having all these different groups a pagan practice?
- Just about every Christian church has a dominant pastor or priest or leader of some kind. Is this not what the Bible teaches?
- What is your intention in publishing this book, and what impact on local churches do you hope it will make?
- Why does it matter where our church practices come from? Can’t God work through culture and the way things have evolved, even if they are rooted more in pagan-or cultural-practices?
I invite you to tune in to hear Frank’s answers, if you have any interest in this topic.